We at Church on the Rock offer two (2) Worship Services on Sunday mornings for the convenience of our members and visitors. These services are held at 7:45am and 10:30am.
The format of our Worship Services is as follows:
7:45am – 8:15am / 10:30am – 11:00am
Our Praise Team leads the congregation through a period of worship through music and songs, dancing and the spoken word. Our repertoire of songs ranges from traditional hymns to modern day gospel music.
We express ourselves in Worship of our King in the following ways:
- We lift our hands – Psalm 134:2 “Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord.”
- We clap our hands – Psalm 47:1 “Clap your hands all you nations”
- We shout – Psalm 47:1 “shout unto God with a voice of triumph”
- We sing – Psalm 47:6 “Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises”
- We play musical instruments – “Psalm 150:3-5 “Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet…”
- We dance – Psalm 149:3 “Let them praise His name with dancing…”
- We bow down – Psalm 95:6 “Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker”
- We speak and sing in our prayer language – 1 Corinthians 14:15 “… I will sing in the spirit and in understanding”
We provide the lyrics of the songs on our multimedia projector so you can sing along even if the songs are new to you!
8:15am – 8:30am /11:00am – 11:15am
- We always love to receive our visitors and so during this period we recognize and warmly welcome all our first time visitors in particular and visitors in general. Visitors are asked to complete our Connection Card which basically lets us know how to contact you as well as for you to state your impressions of us or any special need you may have.
- Church announcements are included in our hand-outs and bulletins; however we also use a segment of this time to remind our congregants of very important upcoming events.
- The Lord’s Tithes and you offerings are received at this time. We believe that as Children of God we are commanded to honour Jehovah Jireh, our Provider, with 10% of our gross earnings as our Tithe. We are also encouraged to bring our offerings as the Spirit directs us. See Malachi 3:6-12.
- Our visitors are under no obligation to tithe, but you are free to present your offerings or love gifts which will be graciously accepted and used to establish God’s Kingdom on Earth.
8:30am – 8:45am / 11:15am – 11:30am
- Every first Sunday we as believers participate in Communion (the Lord’s Supper) in remembrance and thanksgiving for the sacrifice of our Saviour Jesus Christ, whose Body was broken and Blood, shed, for the remission of our sins. Matthew 26:26-28.
- This is an activity in which only believers should participate. Visitors are under no obligation to part take of this supper.
- Special prayers are offered for those requiring a special blessing from God.
- Congregants are also welcomed to offer their testimonies of the Glory of God.
8:45am – 9:30am / 11:30am – 12:15pm
The Word of God is delivered by our beloved Pastor O’mar Stennet, or from a visiting man
or woman of God as is sometimes the case.
The messages are powerful, and are as relevant today as they were when Jesus walked on
Earth as the Son of Man.
Usually the messages are delivered in series over several weeks, and are available for
purchase on CDs at the Church office. You can also listen to the messages from our Message Archive online.
We never close our Worship Service without inviting our unsaved congregants to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.