Recently our political leaders held a nationwide call to prayer. I believe that this served as a reminder to them that we need God’s help and a reminder to the church that, the prayers of the churches are needed in this hour. John Bunyan says “Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.” And “Pray often, for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan.”
I want to remind you again today that your church needs you and your nation need you more than ever before. Not only is your presence needed but your prayers are needed to. Not just The Lord’s Prayer, not just the Doxology, but your genuine sincere prayers are needed for your church and nation each and every day.
If we want our church and nation to thrive and prosper we need to be on our knees praying daily for the church as a whole, we need to be praying for the pastor, we need to be praying for the leaders of the church and we need to be praying for each other.
We need to be praying that:
- All who worship here will feel God’s presence and be so in awe of his power, authority, love, wisdom, and grace that everyone who walks through those doors will have no choice but to worship God and hold on to him.
- Everyone who puts there feet in this building or sit in these pews will know Jesus Christ as their Savior before they leave this house and that they will grow to know him better and better.
- That the Word of God will be declared with clarity, boldness, love, and power.
- Nothing will distract God’s people from focusing on him and being fully open to the blessings he wants to bring into their lives.
- All of our worship leaders will rely on and be used of the Lord.
- Everyone who enters here will apply the biblical truths and principles they hear and be encouraged, uplifted, challenged, and rebuked.
We need to be in prayer daily for our church, if we don’t pray for our church guess who gets shortchanged, we do. We do because prayer changes things It can change our church and it can change us. The Prayer of Jabez is a prayer that I think every Christian should pray for their church 1 Chronicles 4:10 “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain! So God granted him what he requested.”
We all should be asking God to keep His hand on us and on our church and grant us an increase. We need to be praying that God will make our church a beacon in this town and that we would increase, not for our sake but for His.
Prayer is powerful and we need to engage in it daily. In 1 Thess. 5:16-18 Rejoice always pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks: for this is Gods will. Results will come to the church and our nation because of our faithful prayers, we can’t give up we must pray daily.