The Things That God Hates
1. God Hates A Proud Look. A proud look literally meaning haughty or lofty eyes, a proud look is the idea that we are better than others, however says Pro.16:18 “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” The problem with a person who thinks he or she is perfect is; they have no room for improvement. They will not come to or seek God.
2. God Hates A Lying Tongue. Lev. 19:11 states “Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.” Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
3. God Hates Hands That Shed Innocent Blood. As an example God hates abortion. Exo. 20:13 says “Thou shalt not kill.” Psalmist says 127:3 “Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”
4. God Hates A Heart That Is Filled With Wicked Imaginations. There are evil thoughts in the hearts of all men but the devising and fabricating of them with a preoccupation that yields control to Satan is abhorrent to God. Matt. 15:19 says “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, and blasphemies:” We must be careful what we bury in our heart. To bury something does not mean it is dead. It may simply mean we have buried something alive that will devour and destroy us from within.
5. God Hates Feet That Are Swift In Running To Mischief. This speaks of feet that quickly to carry out what has already been devised in the heart. This is more than falling or sliding into sin, which is common to all of us it is the execution of a premeditated act of sin. Pro. says 1:15-16 “My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: for their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.”
6. God Hates False Witnesses. Literally meaning “he that breathes out or utters a false witness” Exodus 20:16 puts it like this “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.” It is Perjury used in ruining the innocent.
7. God Hates Sowers of Discord. Jas 3:2 “For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.”The emphasis is on the man who intentionally seeks to destroy the harmony and unity among believers. Phil. 2:3 “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”“What will it profit a man if he gains his cause, and silence his adversary, if at the same time he loses that humble, tender frame of spirit in which the Lord delights, and to which the promise of his presence is made!”