We at Church on the Rock – Ocho Rios believe that we need to place special emphasis on our adolescent youths in preparing them for the inheritance of Eternal Life.
We also recognize that during these formative years of their personal identity, they become vulnerable to the pressures of the world that may lead them away from the Teachings of Jesus Christ.
For this reason, Rock Teens has been instituted to provide the necessary Spiritual guidance for our youths between the ages of thirteen (13) and nineteen (19).
We exist to Win the lost, Connect them to the church, Train them up and Send them out to minister to the Glory of God.
We envision teenagers from Rock Teens seeing Christ as the answer, getting an opportunity to know Him better and impacting those around them with His love.
We are committed to the structure of small groups, the process of Win, Connect, Train and Send and the practice of prayer in order to make disciples who make disciples.
- Jesus replied “Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” (Matthew 22:37)
- Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. (John 14:21)
- This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. (1 John 3:16)
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1)
- And the second is like it: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:39)
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12)
- In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)
Ministering to Others
- Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all (Mark 10:43-44)
- Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart (2 Corinthians 4:1)
- But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, and discharge all the duties of your ministry. (2 Timothy 4:5)
- Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others. (1 Peter 4:10)
Goals & Objectives
- 80 teenagers attending Rock Teens on a consistent basis
- 90% of these teenagers should be saved and baptized
- 50% of the 80 should be members of the church
- 25% of the 80 should have attended an encounter and should complete all three levels of the discovery series and are involved in ministry
- 10% should be involved in Rock Teens at some leadership level
- Send at least 8 teens to Youth Conference
- Help in the spiritual growth of the teens by:
- Providing devotional material
- Assisting youth with developing personal quiet and prayer time
- Implementing H.A.B.I.T.S from Purpose Driven Youth Ministry