Over 81 times, the phrase “one another” or “each other” is used in the New Testament. If you want to know how you can help your church family, follow the “one anothers” of the Bible.
- Someone Needs Your LOVE: “This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:12, NKJV)
“Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us.” (Romans 15:7, NAS)
- Someone Needs Your HELP: “For you have been called to live in freedom – not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love.” (Galatians 5:13, NLT)
- Someone Needs Your ADVICE.“Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another.” Colossians 3:16, NAS)
- Someone Needs Your ENCOURAGEMENT.“So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.” Romans 14:19, NAS and Hebrews 10:24-25, NLT
- Someone Needs Your REBUKE. “So put away all falsehood and ‘tell your neighbor the truth’ because we belong to each other.” (Ephesians 4:25, NLT)
- Someone Needs Your FRIENDLINESS.“Greet each other in Christian love.” (1 Corint.16:20, NLT)
- Someone Needs Your FORGIVENESS. “Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.” (Gal. 6:1-2, NAS)
Forgiveness is the TESTING ground of love. “So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you.” (Col. 3:12-13, NAS)
- The whole WORLD needs to see you live this way.“So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”(John 13:34-35, NLT)
Conclusion: Do you need to: Join the church, Join a small group, Call someone with a prayer request Invite someone over or Join the family of God as a Christ-follower for the first time?
Do you need to build that love? Make your decision to do it right now. Write down one practical step you will take this week to begin showing these characteristics.