Lev. 25:48 “… then he shall have redemption right after he has been sold. One of his brothers may redeem him.”
1. The message of Jubilee is a message of FORGIVENESS. The good news is that your debt of sin has been forgiven.
- God Forgives Our Sins: That is why Psalm 32:1 tells us that “Happy is the man whose sins are forgiven, whose sins are covered.”
- God Forgets Our Sins: Did you know that when God forgives your sins, He actually chooses to remember them no more? Is 43:25 “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins.”
- God Removes Our Sins: Ps 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.”
2. The message of Jubilee is a message of FREEDOM. It does not matter what has got you captive – the message of Jubilee is ‘freedom.’ The good news of Jubilee is that there is freedom from the slavery of sin, freedom from the bondage of Satan, freedom from ourselves and from the tyranny of our human nature.
- “Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed.” John 8:36. Jesus said “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” Then He said this, “I am the way, the Truth and the Life.”
3. The message of Jubilee is a message of RESTORATION. One of the incredible promises of Jubilee was that if you had sold your land, or lost your land in a debt civil case, or somehow got separated from your land – in the Year of Jubilee you were given your land back. Restoration is about God giving you back what Satan has stolen from you. It could be your Calling, Hope, Spiritual Abuse, Trust, Love, Peace, Health!
- Ps.23 “He restores my soul.” Ps. 51:12 “Restore to me the joy of thy salvation.” Matt.17:11 “And He answered and said, ‘Elijah is coming and will restore all things’.”
4. The message of Jubilee is a message of FAITH. The year before Jubilee was the 49th year- that meant it was a Sabbatical year. One of the rules for the Sabbatical year was that you were not to plant any crops – the land had to lie fallow. You could eat the crop that grew naturally out of the ground from the previous year’s harvest, but you could not sow seed for a new harvest.
§ In the Jubilee year you had to do the same thing. That meant that for two years you could plant no seed. For two years you had to live by faith – trusting God as your supply and your resource. It was a season of great faith.
i. 1 John 5:4 “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.” Ro 10:17 “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.”
§ Here is the simply message of faith – God is in control – and I trust Him! God is in control, it doesn’t matter what is happening in the economy, and it doesn’t matter what is happening on a political level, or who is in Parliament. It doesn’t matter what they do to education, healthcare, or anything else. God is in control. It is time to stop listening to your head, and start empowering your faith. Nothing moves the hand and heart of God like the faith of His children.